Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm trying to find out why the soap doesn't all dissolve in

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out why the soap doesn't all dissolve in my dishwasher. This doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: it's a Kenmoor. I have not run a diagnostic test cycle. I don't know how to do that.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The dishwasher is 14 years old & I use the Quick Wash cycle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If not all the detergent is leaving the dispenser and all 4 cups are filling up with water, you have an issue with either some of your wash arm holes being clogged and you need to clean them out with a toothpick, or you are stacking your dishes incorrectly and the front lower left quadrant in the bottom rack is blocking water from getting up to the dispenser to flush the detergent out. Run a cycle without any dishes at all in this quadrant and if the dispenser flushes out, you know it's a stacking issue so be careful how many dishes you stack in this area and make sure they are nothing but small plates aligned vertically and not going horizontally. You can always run a cycle without any dishes inside to make sure the detergent flushes out properly, but since your issue is intermittent that would likely not give you a definitive conclusion.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?