Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have microwave oven nnsd778 tyhast hass h 97 apperar and…

Customer Question
Have microwave oven nnsd778...

Have microwave oven nnsd778 tyhast hass h 97 apperar and will not heat up possibly need a new one. kjoe hambacher

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Customer:(###) ###-####263model NN -SD778/sd978 very old

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just bgan today

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So H97 is a very bad error code to get for this Panasonic microwaves I'm afraid. H97 on this microwave can be caused from several things, but it all means the same thing–the magnetron is not drawing the amount of power needed. You could have a faulty magnetron itself, a faulty inverter board, or one of your door switches can just not be activating correctly. You can’t test the magnetron or the inverter board, so the best thing to do is check the door switches. Unplug the unit and remove all the screws around the outer sheel of the microwave and the outer shell of the microwave will pull straight back, up, and off. This will give you access to the door switches through the left of the control panel opening. There should be 3 switches which you can remove and make sure they don’t look burnt. Push on the little actuator buttons and see if the switches still click. If so then reinstall the switches and shut the door to make sure the door is activating all the switches when the door shuts. If so, then it’s time to guess which part you want to replace–either the magnetron or the inverter board. The manufacturer will tell you to replace the inverter board first, but it’s really a toss up. Both parts cost about $100-150 so it's normally not worth repairing if the door switches all check good.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?