Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ice maker making ice but only one batch in last 15 hours?

Customer Question

JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: IM900 D7824706Q for Amana. Brand new
Customer: IM900 D7824706Q for Amana. Brand new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Only 2 things can cause the icemaker to cycle slowly.

1. your icemaker could just be faulty and the thermostat inside the icemaker isn't reading properly so if that is the case and the icemaker is new, return it and get a new one.

2. The temperature inside your freezer is too warm. Water freezes at 32ºF, but the icemaker will only cycle when the water in the mold gets below 10ºF for safety reasons (it doesn't want to accidentally flood your house). Check the temperature inside your freezer and if it's not at or below 0ºF, turn the temperature colder. If it's already 0ºF in your freezer, then the only possibility for 1 batch of ice in 15 hours would be a bad icemaker so get a new icemaker.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

No problem, but this question is still unrated. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.