John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a standing whirlpool icemaker in my wet bar. I was

Customer Question

I have a standing whirlpool icemaker in my wet bar. I was changing the filter and for some reason didn't line up with the notches. It is now stucdk and I can't get it out. what do I do
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is about two years old. Model No. GT115NDXZS0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes there must be come way to pull out the filter and reinsert it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you have a pair of vice grips grab a hold of the filter and force it loose, that`s about all you can do.

After it is all said and done you may have to replace the filter housing and install another new filter.