Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

2003 GE Profile Artica. Water dispenses warm water and we…

Customer Question
2003 GE Profile Artica...

2003 GE Profile Artica. Water dispenses warm water and we get a fail on the 0 4 Dispenser board to main control board communication test. Also, it often freezes veg's on frig side.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

14 years old. PSS27NGNA BB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I'll start by explaining out the water dispenser gets cold water. The water runs in through the filter from your house, then goes into a reservoir against the back wall inside the refrigerator section which you can see when you remove the bottom crisper drawers. It doesn't hold much water and it takes awhile to cool down, but the water dispensed is the same temperature as the bottom of your refrigerator section because it must flow through the reservoir before going to the freezer door for dispensing. Now, when you first dispense the water---the remaining water in the water line between the reservoir and the door dispenser (about 4 ounces) is room temperature. So if you through out the first 4 ounces, the water should start coming in cold but only for about 16-20 ounces before it runs out of reservoir water. Then it's just like turning cold water on from your sink except it's filtered. If the reservoir was removed or bypassed at some point and no longer exists behind the crisper drawers inside the refrigerator section, then below is a link to order a new one.

CLICK HERE for reservoir

As for the vegies freezing on the refrigerator side, make sure you have all the settings and slides set to the warmest setting at the bottom of the refrigerator. You can remove the crisper drawers and block off the vent holes going over to the freezer to prevent to much air from migrating to the refrigerator section from the freezer as well. Just don't block off the large vent which is about 6" in length as that is the return air vent.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?