Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridgidaire gallery side by side question. 2 months

Customer Question
Fridgidaire gallery side by...

Fridgidaire gallery side by side question

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

fghc2231pfca

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

no
hello ?

If the no was about a phone call prompt I did not send it to you that is the web site NOT I

and could the model number actually be FGHC2331PFCA in stead of fghc2231pfca

sorry..yes

ok What is the unit doing or not doing?

did I loose you?

still here

I asked you What is the unit doing or not doing?

Power off in storm. Freezer temp went from -6 to +40 in about 6 hours. Doesn't seem right.
Started up again....same thing....climbs several degrees/hour.
Fridge didn't change
Had an ice cube in a cup....it didn't melt

ok if you open the freezer door do you hear the Freezer Evaporator fan running?

And can you pull the unit out away from the wall and remove the lower inspection cover to see if the Condenser fan is running or not?

it running and fan running. it cools off after plugged back in....the temp just raises quickly when not plugged

ok if it is not running the internal temperature will rise.

Are you expecting it to hold the temperature more less like a cooler would?

wouldn't expect it to go from -6 to +40 in 5 or 6 hours especially if the door was never opened.
wouldn't the fridge section also raise ?

that is normal if it has no power the temp will raise up to room temperature with in several hours.

A refrigerator is not as insulated as say a large cooler is .

Th refrigerator relies on its cooling to cool food and to maintain the temperature .

And when the power is off depending upon the ambient temperature it will raise even quicker if it is warmer

ok....thanks

no problem always glad to assist you anytime.

Master Tech
Master Tech