Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag dryer that was working fine and then one day…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag dryer that was working fine and then one day none of the control buttons were responding I unplugged to see if it would reset but it didn't. is there a hard reset that can be done??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MDG5500aww don't know how old serial number is ***** if that helps

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did confirm that the door latch clicked when closed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the touchpad buttons won't respond, your touch control panel has failed. Try to pull the dryer forward, unplug it, and remove the back of the control panel. Unplug the ribbon cable between the touch control panel and the display board. Re-install this ribbon and make sure it's completely clear. If that all checks good and the buttons still wont' respond, you need to replace the entire touch control panel to fix the issue which is bout $175.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?