Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The washer door is locked and we can not get it to open. And…

Customer Question
The washer door is...

The washer door is locked and we can not get it to open. And we can not get the machine to power back up. We have flipped the breaker and stil the door locked mode is stll activated. What now?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model WFW95HE 2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is a load inside with soap already filled. It also will not power up.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately it sounds like your need to manually unlock the door. To do this, you need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

Now as for the unit not powering up, something has failed. With the top panel off of the washer, you need to test power going into the noise filter as well as out of it. The power cord comes in through the back of the washer and plugs into the noise filter. Then another plug comes out of the noise filter and goes up to the main CCU control board in the front right corner of the washer mounted to the right side wall. Make sure you have 110 volts coming out of the noise filter, otherwise the noise filter needs to be replaced.

If you have 110 volts coming out of the noise filter, unplug the washer and disconnect the MI3 connection going to the CCU. Plug the washer back in and see if the control panel will turn on at least. If not, replace the CCU. If the panel turns on with the MI3 cable connected, replace the motor control board mounted to the floor below the tub.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?