Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Performa washing machine does not spin. PAVT244AWW.

Customer Question
Maytag Performa washing machine...

Maytag Performa washing machine does not spin

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

PAVT244AWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes 11 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Belt is not broken But perhaps feels a little loose.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

When the washer should be spinning is the motor running?

ok so then if the motor is running is the belt just slipping on the motor pulley?

and can you turn the large transmission pulley by hand ?

asking for update on payment info but has already billed me
got a text answer and it directed me to http://my.justanswer.com/s/s2mk5
but that opens a dead page (unavailable)
turn transmission wheel by hand

The problem is normally an issue where the credit card company sees two charges one right after the other and they stop it from going thru because they think it is a fraud charge. you will need to contact your credit card company to clear the charge.

will check

ok

big pulley is turning fast
sounds like a gear problem to me - in the transmission?

ok so then the motor is running and the transmission pulley is turning but the unit is STILL not spinning correct?

correct

Ok that means you will need to replace the unit transmission .Which is over $321.00

I would recommend it is time for a new washer ,but if you would like I will send you a link to the part so you have it and can make a decision .

just let me know if you would like to have the link for the part.

Thanks you've been very helpful.
Clearly time for a new washer.
Five stars.

Thank you ,you will see a rating link box just click on it and it will open the rating link to be able to rate me.

Thank you in advance.