John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE Microwave model PVM9214SF1SS, that will not

Customer Question

I have a GE Microwave model PVM9214SF1SS, that will not start up, cheked power cord and plugged into another soutlet plus checked the circuit breaker. Is there a reset botton or fuse within the microwave?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 30 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have reviewed owners manual and Install. manual and have not been able to find asuggestion to trouble shoot.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category

I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!

My name is Woody.

I will be glad to assist you today.

I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company

And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.

I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.

I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you look at the model number once again I`m not showing that as a good number!

And most Microwaves do have a inline voltage fuse that if it opens it would kill ALL voltage to the unit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does the access for the fuse require removing the unit to be removed from over the stove?

I need a good model number before I can tell you that or not!

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

could the model number actually be PVM9215SF1SS