John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Jotul enamel gas stove which I love but I am moving

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Jotul enamel gas stove which I love but I am moving to the country. Is it to convert it to propane and how much would that cost approximately?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the HVAC Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: OK
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Not applicable question
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. I would need someone to install it properly.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't have any experience with Propane questions as I have never had it before.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

Can you please advise your location, it is likely easier to do the conversion prior to the move

Also helpful to know the Model to ascertain the possibility, not all gas appliances can be converted as Propane (LPG) is at a much higher temperature