Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

During Irma, we shut off all 220 breakers. All came on

Customer Question

Hi, during Irma, we shut off all 220 breakers. All came on except our stove/oven. any ideas?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Frigidaire VF64824272
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The number you have listed is a serial number. Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Also, does any part of your stove/oven work? Do any of the cooktop burners heat up? Does the display light up? etc...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
FEF366EQD no burners work, clock does.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK if the clock works but no burners do, that means that either your display board has a failed L2 relay, or the oven isn't getting 220 volts, it's only getting 110 volts. You'd need a multimeter to test power at the terminal block on the back of your oven to see if you're getting 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires or not. If you are definitely getting 220 volts, then you need a new display control board. If you're not getting 220 volts, try to flip the breaker off and back on. If that doesn't work, you'll need an electrician.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no thank you, I'd like the $5 refund.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

? I'm not sure what you mean. I just gave you the answer to your question you asked for.

QUOTE:

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?