Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag washer model MVWC400XW4 will not spin. I replaced the…

Customer Question
Maytag washer model MVWC400XW4...

Maytag washer model MVWC400XW4 will not spin. I replaced the actuator. it drains ok but won't spin . The actuator clicks twice and shifts the load but will not spin. What is the solution?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 4 years old .Maytag Model #MVWC400W4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes! I am an experienced DIY for 40 years

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Well from what you saying you may have an electronic control board issue.

Have you tried to reboot the electronic control board as of yet?

No. How is that done?

Unplug the unit for over 5 minutes and plug it back in ,this will hopefully REBOOT the electronic control board .

please let me know what happens.