Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

I got a service blinking on mu sub zero 690 code 24. I

Customer Question

HI. I got a service blinking on mu sub zero 690 code 24. I cleaned the condenser and reset and still have service blinking
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model 690. 17 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

Hi

This is quite common, especially if you have fur babies around the home...

STEPS TO VERIFY ISSUE:

1. If temperatures are high, call for service.
  2. If temperatures are near normal, see How to Clean the Condenser.
  3. Press and hold the door ajar alarm key for 15 seconds to clear the error code.
  4. If the error code or Service light appears or temperatures rise, contact service for repair

If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.