Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a side by side whirlpool fridge and the freezer ice…

Customer Question
I have a side...

I have a side by side whirlpool fridge and the freezer ice maker has stopped the infrared receiver is not flashing but should it be on or off? I press the water and water does not come out?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GD5pHaxms00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. just want to know if there's a reliable repair person the Maui.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cleaned the freezer and everything looks fine just the water is not working but if the push the tab you can hear the sound of the water but no ice making as well.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Are you asking if the icemaker switch should be on or off?

If you want the icemaker to make ice the switch should be in the ON position.

And the ice maker turned off will not effect the incoming water supply for the chilled water.

Are you 100% sure the water supply for the refrigerator is turned on?

And you say if you press the tab for chilled water that you hear the sound of water ,can you better explain the sound of water ?

And when pressing this tab do you get any water on the floor around the refrigerator? since you hear this sound of water.