Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator is showing of of and is not running. From…

Customer Question
My refrigerator is showing...

My refrigerator is showing of of and is not running. From what I can tell by research it is in demo mode

Contractor's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

RF323TE

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Huh? it is a refrigerator not a TV

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I got something out of the freezer and I walked by and noticed the of of

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

This is the 4th time I have had a problem with this refrigerator. It has had 3 new compressors. It makes a lot of noise and the tech could not figure out why.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are correct, the refrigerator is in demo mode. To exit demo mode, you should just need to press and hold the top left button on the dispenser panel as well as the button just below it (so that will be the top left button and the middle button on the left side). Hold these for 5 seconds together and it should exit demo mode. If not, then your front dispenser board has failed and needs to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc