John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I got a centennial maytag washwr machine. Durong spin it

Customer Question

I got a centennial maytag washwr machine. Durong spin it make a lot of noise movement. I alteadu replace the rod suspension. But still the problem
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Less than one year model W10607430A
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I will try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Its instruction give me to model : the one that agave you and this W10607431A-SP
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And the number of W10607430A is NOT a model number that is a part number.

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
under the lid NOT on the lid ,but under the lid at the rear of the opening will be the manufactures model and serial number on a silver tag.
And just inside the door on the face frame after the door is opened on front loaders.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are correct. The model is MVWC55DW0 SER C50242381

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model
ok so the unit has a lot of vibration during a spin mode and you have already replaced all suspension rods and spring assemblies correct?

Do the unit still do this with out clothes in the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are correct!!! More than vibration!! are louder bang noise the basket hitting the metal panel so strong. I had replaced all suspension rods and spring assemblies. To test, a put few towels maybe 4 and the washer made the same louder bang noise.

Does the unit still do this with out clothes in the unit?

And could the model number be MVWC500VW0 ?

There is no number of MVWC55DW0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just paid $32 for your help... We paid $60 for the suspension rod

Not sure what you mean by that ,can you explain?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I preferred keep texting

I did NOT send you the phone prompt that is the web site NOT I !!

And can you look at the model number once again please there is not such model number as MVWC55DW0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The label inside the lid the model number is ***** On the papers the model said MVWC55D

Ok All I can tell you is Maytags web site is telling me that MVWC55DW0 is NO such number.

And I even checked that number on the three largest appliance parts dealers in the U.S and they too are telling me no such number!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
TRY THIS MVWC555DW0

that`s a good number.

if you grab the inside of the inner tub and move it back and fourth do you hear water sloshing around?

I ask because the top of the inner basket has a balance ring that had liquid in it .

If you do not hear the liquid sloshing it may have been damaged and has all leaked out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WHAT IS THE INNER TUB? I GOT TO GO TO MY HOUSE A'M USING MY COMPANY COMPUTER SO I WILL CONNET MAYBE IN A COUPLE OF HOURS
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I read some reviews of this washer on consumer report. Some of them reported the same noises and shaky problems Can I install some soft material between the inner tube and the exterior?

I would not recommend it (putting soft material between the cabinet and the outer tub.

And the INNER tub is the tub that you put your clothes in to be washed , the outer tub is the tub that holds the water in the washer.

Were you able to see if the inner tub has water in the balance ring or not yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will changed my question: Can I put soft material between the outer tub and the frame of the washer machine?

Ok there is no difference in your question and the last one , as far as the cabinet and the frame they are the same just using a different word.

Not do not put anything on the outside of the outer tub , ,you WILL damage the machine. if not crack the outer tub and have a flood.

Again I will ask ((Were you able to see if the inner tub has water in the balance ring or not yet?))