Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I was going to post my question in the forum or should i ask

Customer Question

I was going to post my question in the forum or should i ask here?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: My whirlpool washer capacitor blew about a month ago, I recently replaced it. At the time that it blew, I had just started a load of laundry. Well now the washer seems to be stuck in the wash cycle.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years WTW4800XQ0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

so from the sounds of it your problem is the main control board needing to be replaced. This is the cheapest I was able to find the part.

https://www.bdsparts.com/w10745340

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you explain. Other sites recommend going thru some sort of calibration mode/diagnostic mode. I have been unsuccessful in doing this as i have not been able to find the correct infprmation to do so. So before we jump to another part being broke, could this be the problem?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

sure I have the service manual for your unit that has these instructions if you wish to try it first

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

just a moment while I send over the offer