Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was going to post my question in the forum or should i ask…

Customer Question
I was going to...

I was going to post my question in the forum or should i ask here?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My whirlpool washer capacitor blew about a month ago, I recently replaced it. At the time that it blew, I had just started a load of laundry. Well now the washer seems to be stuck in the wash cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 years WTW4800XQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

so from the sounds of it your problem is the main control board needing to be replaced. This is the cheapest I was able to find the part.

https://www.bdsparts.com/w10745340

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Can you explain. Other sites recommend going thru some sort of calibration mode/diagnostic mode. I have been unsuccessful in doing this as i have not been able to find the correct infprmation to do so. So before we jump to another part being broke, could this be the problem?

sure I have the service manual for your unit that has these instructions if you wish to try it first

just a moment while I send over the offer