Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool side by side refr/freezer with the ice…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool side...
I have a Whirlpool side by side refr/freezer with the ice maker in the freezer door. The ice maker makes ice, but the dispenser won't dispense. The ice in the dispenser is frozen into a block. This has happened several times. I melt the ice by pouring hot water through the bin and eventually all the ice melts and the dispenser works again. After a few day it starts freezing up again. When I try pushing the dispense button, the motor tries, but nothing happens because it's frozen.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

please.. To add more information, items in the freezer are adequately frozen. the ice maker continues to make ice. We just scoop it from the top of the bin. the ice in the chute and bottom of bin is frozen into a block.
are you there?