Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We moved from Iowa to Missouri. The Maytag Dryer works

Customer Question
We moved from Iowa...

We moved from Iowa to Missouri. The Maytag Dryer works great. The washer fills with water but stops and never runs through a cycle. The start light lights up and the door lock light comes on. However it never runs the drum to wash. I can hear it humming and then it shuts off? Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Front load Neptune 2001 MAH-1. It has never caused a problem before. Just sense the move.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well if I can. We just hooked it up in the new house. Need to wash clothes. I need to know where and what to look for to correct the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Do you have the washer water supply turned on to the washer?