Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My bottom freezer did not close entirely. When I found it,

Customer Question
My bottom freezer did...

My bottom freezer did not close entirely. When I found it, it was full of frost. I tried to increase the temp to slow down the production of frost. I pressed the buttons that made the freezer shut off. Then I tried to increase the temp in the refrain. Now I can't get back to 0 Deg F for the Freezer, and 34 deg F for the refrig. HELP

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Samsung French door RF26HFENDSR/AA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I'd like to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My freezer is pretty full, as is my refrigerator Is that a problem?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Travis and I will be the one to assist you. If you have lowered the temp to where you are wanting it how long have you been waiting for it to drop? The temp change can take a while. Also the more packed the unit is the longer it will take to drop the temp.

Is the freezer temp dropping some?

I want to return to o deg F for the freezer and 34 degree F for the refrain. But I can't shut off the OF setting that I accidentally put on. How do I get rid of the OF setting?

As I am not sure which buttons you have I am sending instructions for all samsung units on how to get it out of demo mode. Use the one for the buttons you have and it should go back to cooling.

Here are options to get Samsung refrigerator out of demo mode:

-- Press and hold the 'HOME' and 'HELP' key at the same time for 5 seconds.

-- Open the refrigerator door and then press and hold the 'ICE PLUS/ULTRA ICE' and 'REFRIGERATOR TEMP' key at the same time for 5 seconds. The door should be open.

-- Press and hold the 'ICE PLUS/ULTRA ICE' key and the 'UP/DOWN' keys for 5 seconds.

-- Press and hold the 'EXPRESS FREEZE' and the 'REFRIGERATOR TEMPERATURE CONTROL' key at the same time for 5 seconds.

--Press lighting and freezer for 5 seconds.

--Press power freeze and freezer for 8 seconds

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman