Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I HAVE A model # JNM1541SN1SS MICROWAVE DATED NOV 2008,

Customer Question

I HAVE A model # JNM1541SN1SS MICROWAVE DATED NOV 2008, SERIAL # 900942 B. the number push buttons dont work any more, i've pulled the plug multiple times to reboot. the only button which works now is the beverage. can it be repaired for less than a new purchase?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: see above fro make and model and it has been happening for about a month
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: parts price? labor price?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The issue that your having is a faulty keypad /consle assembly.

It will need to be replaced to fix your issue.

A new keypad /console assembly is approx $160..

I would repair it you can not buy a new unit for that.

If you would like the part info just let me know I will send you a link to the part so you could order it from the link.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time