Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The freezer (side by side) keeps getting colder. With set…

Customer Question
The freezer (side by...

The freezer (side by side) keeps getting colder. With set point of -1 degrees displays -8 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

GE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully so

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Refrigerator side is working ok

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. So the fridge is maintaining temp but the freezer is not? There is a fan behind the wall in the freezer that should stop running when you open the door and run when the door is closed. Can you check to make sure that is happening.

It's staying on not tuning off

ok now what about when you close the door does the light turn off? It could just be a bad door switch?

Does my cost go up with each question. It was $23 and now $24
More money for a phone call ?
Didn't get a response for the fan staying on. Problem not resolved just more money needed?? Not feeling this is a working solution

I am sorry if the site offered the phone call that is not from me please disregard it.

now I asked what about when you close the door does the light turn off? It could just be a bad door switch?

When I push the button on the door the light goes off

ok good. what I need you to do is unplug the unit for 5 minutes. This way we can do a hard reset to see if it will reset the control board telling the motor (fan motor) when to stop and when to run.

The fan does turn off now. The temp is at -7 but I would assume it will take some time to change back to the set point

yes it will. This can take time to get back to where it should be. Keep me posted on where its at please.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.