Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag French door refrigerator 25cu.ft, we just…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag French door refrigerator 25cu.ft

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We just came back from a weekend and suddenly the ice and water dispenser turned off. Mod.# MF12569VEM2. Its like the controls shut off. Can we possibly reset it?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well it cannot have been off long. I don't know if we touched a control wrong or what.Meat is still frozen etc but ice is melting.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE SERIAL NUMBER IS *****

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

We have the fridge unplugged. It did not reset.
when plugged in again.

one moment please

do you have a button on the front of your display that says on or off?

I have had computer issues and screen froze I am so upset about my experience. I left a text I want nothing to do with this ever again. the website I upsetting not the "expert".

I am so sorry that you found this experience to not be what you liked. Were you at least able to fix the issue with your appliance?

No I was not able to fix it. I am 70 years old and I am so upset. I am so afraid I will have a big charge on my card.

there should not be any further charge then what you agreed upon. If it would make you feel better though and you do not wish to continue I can send this in to be cancelled and refunded. We are an honest company with honest workers trying to assist people with there problems for a much smaller fee then repair men cost. Just let me know what you would like to do.

I would appreciate if you would send it in to be cancelled and refunded. I am too upset to continue.

I do understand. It was my pleasure being of assistance with you. Sorry we were unable to help you at this time. No need to respond any further the question will be locked to customer service who will handle your refund.