Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washing machine does not spin. shuts off after 3-5

Customer Question
My washing machine does...

My washing machine does not spin. shuts off after 3-5 minutes with the no spin light flashing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigigdaire Affinity. About 5 - 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how complex / difficult it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your unit? Also do you hear the door lock when you start a cycle? There should be a distinct click noise.

the door locks. the machine makes a buzzing noise, and the drum slow rotates. it will do this for about 3 - 5 minutes then stops, flashes the "no spin" light on the front panel, and turns off. Model No: FAFW38011W3

ok so with that being said that means your drive motor is the problem and needing to be replaced. This part below is the one for your unit.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/137043000/0026/417.html?modelNumber=FAFW3801LW3&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=FRIGIDAIRE

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

how difficult is the drive motor to replace?

its not you just unhook the wire harness to the old one underneath and plug the new one in. There are a ton of you tube videos for replacing a drive motor as well. I am sure you will find helpful.