Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My washing machine does not spin. shuts off after 3-5

Customer Question

my washing machine does not spin. shuts off after 3-5 minutes with the no spin light flashing
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Frigigdaire Affinity. About 5 - 7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on how complex / difficult it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your unit? Also do you hear the door lock when you start a cycle? There should be a distinct click noise.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the door locks. the machine makes a buzzing noise, and the drum slow rotates. it will do this for about 3 - 5 minutes then stops, flashes the "no spin" light on the front panel, and turns off. Model No: FAFW38011W3
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

ok so with that being said that means your drive motor is the problem and needing to be replaced. This part below is the one for your unit.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/137043000/0026/417.html?modelNumber=FAFW3801LW3&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=FRIGIDAIRE

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how difficult is the drive motor to replace?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

its not you just unhook the wire harness to the old one underneath and plug the new one in. There are a ton of you tube videos for replacing a drive motor as well. I am sure you will find helpful.