Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The control lock is on red and I can not get the washing

Customer Question

The control lock is on red and I can not get the washing machine
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: to start.I bought in 12-15-13. It is a whirlpool front-loading washer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

You should just need to press and hold the "end of cycle signal" button in the bottom right corner of your control panel to remove the control lock. If that doesn't work, open the door and look for a sticker with the model number on it. Can you then send me the model number so I can see how to remove the control lock on your particular model?

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?