Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just noticed that when our washer goes into the rinse cycle,

Customer Question
it only gets a few...
Just noticed that when our washer goes into the rinse cycle, it only gets a few inches of water in it. It used to fill up completely. Even when I hold the level button over to reset, no more water will go in. This is an "old" washer, not the kind that judges the amount of water needed depending on the weight of the clothes. What might be the problem? Being down here in Beaumont, Texas (near Houston), we can't even get an appliance repairman right now so, if I can find out what might be the problem, I'm going to fix it myself--I'm a mechanic by trade. Thanks.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. From the sounds of it your problem is with the water inlet valve needing to be replaced. What is the model number of your unit?

GLWN2800D1WS

here is the part you will need to replace. This company ships very fast. They are also 100% satisfaction guaranteed. In the event you installed this part and it didn't solve your issue they will allow you to return it for a full refund. Either way this is the faulty part you have and is easy to replace.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Washing-Machine-Water-Inlet-Valve/WH13X23974/4283904?modelNumber=GLWN2800D1WS&ss=a11b3i219d1433308&mr=1

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.