Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

WCXH208H3WW. GE FRONT LOAD TIMER NOT ADVANCING, when I

Customer Question
WCXH208H3WW. GE FRONT LOAD TIMER NOT...
WCXH208H3WW. GE FRONT LOAD
TIMER NOT ADVANCING, when I advance timer manually. , fills with water and will pump out but no move Of drum, I do hear that the timer is putting out power , but no drum movement
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. From the sounds of it your problem is with the timer itself. You will need to replace this in order to fix the issue.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WH12X10152/0026/363.html?modelNumber=WSXH208H3WW&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=GE

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Hello ***** you certain the timer is the problem?
I was thinking the drum should rotate when I advanced the timer manually, but all I hear is a hum or buzz telling me timer is puoout power

so in order to get it to fill and drain and everything you have to manually advance it but when it comes to the drum moving just a hum? That sounds like the drive motor could be the issue

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WH20X10042/0026/363.html?modelNumber=WSXH208H3WW&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=GE

I'm also reading online it could be door switch
Can you help diagnose please

that is only if the door is not locking. Does the door lock? Do you have a mutlitmeter?

Door does lock
Yes I have a multimeter

ok first lets start with testing the door switch just to be certain. One moment please

https://youtu.be/KFLGKwz5HT0

this is a how to video on testing this part

Don't call
Do I have to remove door switch to test ?

If the site is offering the phone call its not from me please disregard it its not from me. Yes you will need to remove it

Do I access it by removing rubber doors seal?

you should be able to access it by removing the top of the unit.

I get fluctuations in my readings so I'm thinking I've got a faulty door switch

ok well that would make sense. Since it was locking typically you wouldn't think that to be the issue. I am glad we were able to figure it out though. You have the exact part link for your unit you will need to order.

I was wondering would the door switch stop the timer from advancing?

yes it can. If it doesn't lock like its supposed to the timer will not be told to advance to the next stage.

Ok
I'm going to try to pick one up tomorrowI'm hoping we've Can we keep this chat open for a bit?
Thanks

yes that is not a problem at all. You can just bookmark the page and will be able to respond back to me when you are ready.