Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a gtw860ssj1ws too load wm. had the control board…

Customer Question
I have a gtw860ssj1ws...

I have a gtw860ssj1ws too load wm. had the control board replaced 2 months ago. machine won't cycle. stops at 'sensing' mode..... and nothing past that. suggestions? i've unplugged unit trying to reset cb, but no luck.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Unplugged all night. yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything else to add. my diagnostic skills are a little light...

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 9 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What made you replace the control board the first time. It sounds like that may be your problem again.

about the slow response. we had a tech come out bc the agitator wasn't working properly. also the softener selector wasn't working properly so they replaced the cb at the same time. unfortunately, that was st the end of the year warranty. now, two months later, the unit sprays some water in tub when you start and it moves to 'sensing'... and just hangs up there. i've unplugged the unit for an hour and plugged back in. looked underneath for any loose connections, all seems fine. i dont know if there is some diagnostics you can run on this unit, or if there is a sensor out and how to check that. or if it's the control board.

so it sounds like since its sensing means either the pressure switch (the more then likely case) or the control board (hopefully the less likely case) The pressure switch is on the bottom of the tub and tells the unit if there is enough water and when to change to the next cycle

https://www.geapplianceparts.com/store/parts/spec/WH12X10556

i don't see that part on the bottom of the tub.

ok after pulling blow out up it looks like yours is located under the rim around the top

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/GTW860SSJ1WS/0432/0153200.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=gtw860ssj1ws&searchTerm=gtw860ssj1ws

part 10 on top panel