Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio WTW7800XW2 with an error code "F".

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio WTW7800XW2 with an error code "F". Only the "F" it is not followed by a number. Can you advise what this is for please. Thank you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, I am an A/C Tech
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK

And F with no number is ***** same as an F1 error code. It means that your main relay control board mounted under the control panel in the far bak right corner is failing and needs to be replaced. You can try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if it'll reset, but if it doesn't reset or the error comes back, you need to replace the control board. The part number is ***** and it's about $250 I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** verified what I feared. Have a good day

Not a problem and once again I'm sorry I didn't have better news but I wish you only the best.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't seem to find that part when I google it?

Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Got it, thank you

Sure thing. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just rated you "Excellent" because you came back and answered me with where I could find the part.

Awesome, thank you and let me know if you need anything else.