Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a great old Maytag smooth cooktop range but do not know…

Customer Question
Have a great old...

Have a great old Maytag smooth cooktop range but do not know the model #. We had a power surge and it seems to have knocked out the computer. The stove burners still work and the light comes on in the oven but we can't see anything in the LED display, so no oven. Is there someway to tell what model we have? My mom is elderly and threw the paperwork away.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is really pretty old. Can't remember how long she has had it. She had an extended warranty for a long time but not now. Maybe 15-20 years?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maytag Advanced Cooking System Super Capacity Plus is all I can see

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, we would need someone to do it for us.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Can you check inside the oven door to see if the model number is ***** of there?

Found it. MER5770AAW

so your problem is as you already know the control board has failed. Due to the age of the unit makes it harder to get the parts but I was able to find it on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XWP5701M556-60.TRS0&_nkw=WP5701M556-60&_sacat=0

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.