Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher - model # WDF520PADM7. It is a

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher - model # WDF520PADM7. It is a year old. It stopped working suddenly. It triggers the gel pak and the bottom fills with water. But it never sprays. The gel is smeared on the floor and all the dishes are dirty. I tried it three times. The last time I had to hit the DRAIN/CANCEL button to get it to drain.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: see above
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is a bad motor on the unit, a lot of them fail and then it will fill pump out but will not spray any water. You need this part to fix the issue, it is the sump and motor kit to fix the issue. You have to pull the unit out to do it and it is a bit of a job, but if you are handy you can do it.

CLICK HERE PART

Here is a video to assist you CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.