AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a maytag Neptune older model that is just humming,

Customer Question

I have a maytag Neptune older model that is just humming
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Modelmah4000aww
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I thought it might be an anti balance switch underneath the right counter balance. I bypassed the switch. The switch does rattle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 month ago.

You'll need to have the intake assembly ordered and replaced which is located on the side of your dishwasher.

Sorry for the above response. It was supposed to be for another question. Please disregard that response. Does your Neptune fill with water?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I fixed it. The belt slipped off. Don't want to keep getting charged. Is that going to happen?

No that will not happen. The only way I am paid is if you rate me with the stars at the top.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!