Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I opened my front loader to add clothes and closed the door.

Customer Question
I opened my front...

I opened my front loader to add clothes and closed the door. now the "door locked" light is flashing and i cannot get the washer to start

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 1 year old and it is a whirlpool and has a direct drive motor

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just want to know how to get it to wash

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: McgiverSR, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service
Without the model and serial number I'll give you some generic information first check the door latch that's the little piece that mounts on the door there's a little plastic piece that when you close the door it goes in and makes the switch inside the door lock the next thing to check and it's probably going to be your problem with me the door lock mechanism