Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool washer drain wfw9050xw00 will not stop draining in…

Customer Question
Whirlpool washer drain wfw9050xw00...

Whirlpool washer drain wfw9050xw00 will not stop draining in automated test mode.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just gave you the exact model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Have replaced with new pump and pressure switch. Put used controller in but still have the same problem

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

So you have replaced the pressure switch the main control board (CCU) ans it still just stays in a drain mode is that correct?

The initial code was F8E1 of which I have since cleared. In the automated test it lets in water but the second time it drains it never stops and will not advance further through the test. I have to unplug it to get it to stop. It does not give a code after this test.

ok The error code was no water sensed coming in to the unit.

When you replaced the pressure switch did you also check or replace the pressure switch tube?

I did not replace the tube.

ok do you have the top of the washer off at this time?

If so what happens if you remove the harness connection off the pressure switch ?

And can I get the part number of the control that you replaced?

I don't notice any difference with pressure switch unplugged. W10306715

ok That is the correct control board part number .

so if it still does this with the pressure switch disconnected it has to be a control board issue .

The CCU is the only thing that powers the drain pump.

And this used replacement part is doing the same thing as the original control correct?

Correction. If I have pressure switch unplugged in test mode it adds too much water but starts to drain as soon as I plug it in.

ok so with the pressure switch removed it adds more water with it connected it want to drain water that is not there.

What is the pressure switch part number you installed?

Just want to be sure.

With it unplugged it does not add water in the normal wash which is the same result as when it is plugged in. What I was saying is that in the Automated Test Mode it adds more water than usual and as soon as I plug it in, it drains. To me this seems that the pressure switch is working.
W10239066
I was leaning toward it being the controller but I would really like to to see it spin or agitate. Just to see the motor circuit is working. I'm not sure if I can jump to that part of the automated test before it gets stuck on the drain test

I`m sorry to say on this control boards design you can not manually advance the diagnostics component test .

It is all done thru the control .

Have you removed the pressure switch hose from the tub(you will need to plug the hose outlet on the tub with something) and when the washer starts to fill the bleach with cold water or the next sequence when it fills with hot just lightly blow into the pressure switch hose (essentially lying to the control) that the unit is filled to the proper water level it should then start to agitate/ tumble .

Just do not blow real hard or it will think it is an over fill condition .

This should allow you to see it start the drive motor .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

Sorry we have not had power for a week because of Irma. I blew in the tube and it does immediately stop adding water and start to drain but still sticks in the drain cycle. I ordered a new Control Board. Should have it tomorrow.

ok let me know how you come out!