John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Having a problem with my whirlpool side by side

Customer Question

Having a problem with my whirlpool side by side fridge/freezer. Both cold on the bottom, warm on the top
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: my guess is about 9 years old (it was in here when I moved in) model# ***** *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is easy enough to fix yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you open the freezer door look on the rear interior wall panel do you see any frost or ice on the rear panel?

And do you hear the freezer fan running ?