Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool refrigerator model wrf 990slam02 refrig section is…

Customer Question
Whirlpool refrigerator model wrf...

Whirlpool refrigerator model wrf 990slam02 refrig section is not keeping cold. ice is forming at one vent. freezer part is fine. door was left open all day to start this problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Three years wrf 990slam02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Which vent is this frost /ice forming on?

bottom of the refrigerator section runs almost the width of the refrigerator

ok you have the fresh food evaporator coil frozen over due to the leaving the door open.

You will need to turn the unit off and open the fresh food door for several hours to manually defrost the Fresh food Evaporator coil so that it will allow air to circulate thru the fresh food section.