Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Lost you 5 mins. ago, Maytag dryer md YMEDB800VQ0 showing

Customer Question

lost you 5 mins. ago
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Maytag dryer md YMEDB800VQ0 showing error code F27 the machine is 10 years old
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maytag dryer md YMEDB800VQ0 showing error code F27 the machine is 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

This model does not have an error code of F-27 but it does have a F72 error code could it be the F72 code?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
in the service manual it does not show a F27 code, that i do know. but the code that appears is in fact F27

ok if you are 100% sure it is a F27 then the units control was not programmed with that as an error code.

Which would indicate the the electronic control boards software is corrupt and you may need to replace the control board.

Have you unplugged the unit for over 5 minutes to try and REBOOT the control board yet?

If not let`s try that first.

Let me know please!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it has been unplugged even longer and I cant get it to reboot. We did have a power surge here yesterday, all the lights come on except for the timer and when you press the start button nothing happens

HUMM !

I`m sorry to say but since it did not reboot your going to need to replace the electronic control board .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thats it? no thermal fuse to replace I have to get the whole circuit board?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just did another test on I still have F27 but then it shows a code CO whats that one about?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Whrlp Master Tech any answer for my last question

I just got the replies give me a min to answer them

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no I already spent $38 on this, what is the CO mean that appears on the Screen

no sure what CO is there is no CO error code.

I assume it is just the electronic control board scrambled!

And if your talking about a phone call I did not sent that to you it is the web site NOT I !!