John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a stackable washer/dryer combo.. Today my washing

Customer Question

I have a stackable washer/dryer combo..
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Today my washing machine is going thru the "washing" cycle but it will not "spin the clothes??? I had to the take the wet load out and hand wring in order to put into the dryer. I stopped it once and moved the tub around because it was making a noise. Do I assume that the washing machine needs service???
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Absolutely not. I am a senior lady and just wring out the clothes was enough for me!!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Like what? I don't know what you need?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dryer door the model /serial number should be on the inner dryer face frame.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model MEX731CAS3 and S/N XE62203431. I purchased the unit from Future Shop the year I retired which was 7 years ago?

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Now you say the unit does not spin !! but does it drain the water out of the tub?

And when it should be spinning do you hear the unit doing anything?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?