How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22913
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Newberry FL. I have a GE refrigerator. When I came

Customer Question

I am in Newberry FL. I have a GE refrigerator. When I came back from shopping there was water on the floor coming from the fridge. We still have electricity. In the past we have been told that there is some tube that gets clogged. I need a technician to fix it today if possible.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think it was bought in 2007 or 2008. It just says GE in front. It has 2 door that open in the middle and a freezer on the bottom that is like a drawer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would much rather have somebody else do it if possible to happen today (we are expecting Irma and when electricity goes away all the water from the fridge will come in the house). But if you can guide me I may try myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Conditions now are find until tonight but tomorrow and on Monday weather will be very bad.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The defrost drain is in the freezer section. If it is plugged, you will see a sheet of ice on the freezer floor. If you don't see that, the issue is most likely with a water line or valve under the cabinet.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is in the refrigerator section, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.