Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Maytag MVWC350AW1 model. Washer will only began cycle when

Customer Question

Maytag MVWC350AW1 model. Washer will only began cycle when cold temp. setting is selected. sporadically has began cycle on say warm and hot temp selection. overnight left unplugged did readily go in to Hot temperature mode after replug and press start button.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 4 yrs. model MVWC350AW1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: At this time wife wants to do a warm wash. Could a bucket of hot water be added to tub and then use the Cold temp selection. Any chance of overfilling with water or would water level sensor keep from overfilling.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

And if you say select a warm water setting does it give you a constant fill of cold water or does it fill some pause ,then fill again and pause and fill ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
use often. How extensive involved can this get ?

.

Sorry I sent you the wrong reply!!

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

this is normally due to your credit card company seeing two charges one right after the other.

And they block the latter charge until you ok it.

As for how extensive.

We need to find out if the temperature sensor on the water inlet valve is good or not and if it is good your going to need to replace the electronic control board.

Which I`m like 80 % sure it is the board since it came back and worked correctly after you unplugged the unit which essentially just rebooted the control board

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 stars is the ONLY way I get paid for my time