Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpoolm icemaker valve will not activate. coil is ok on…

Customer Question
Whirlpoolm icemaker valve will...

Whirlpoolm icemaker valve will not activate. coil is ok on valve. how can i get icemaker to activate valve?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Kenmore 22 #72261. just replace icemaker. old one was working, but would not activate fill valve. replace with new icemaker. same problem. water supply is ok, but vave does not get voltage to activate.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fuse link in the wiring. how do i test it?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

A Sears Kenmore model number will be 10 -11 digits long and look like this 123 .(###) ###-####/p>