Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer says F 11 remaining minutes no matter what I set…

Customer Question
My washer says F...

My washer says F 11 remaining minutes no matter what I set it on numbers are GHW9150PW1 CSS4609534 It was purchased on 4/27/06

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I gave it to you

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, F11 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU and the problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game. That being said, the MCU is the part that I generally find faulty so that is the part I'd replace first and below is a link to the part to a place that allows you to return parts if you end up not needing them which is a great option to have on communication errors which you can't test.

CLICK HERE for MCU

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.