Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The display screen on our Whirlpool Duet is only showing a

Customer Question

The display screen on our Whirlpool Duet is only showing a lighted whit screen. Is there anything we can reset or is it probably going to have to be replaced?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The guide with the unit is from 2010
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine until last week, but that is basically it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Aside from unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, there isn't much you can do but replace the front interface board if the display just illuminates but won't give you a readable display I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?