Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Top shelf of my dishwasher not cleaning well glasses have

Customer Question
residue on them JA: Just to...
Top shelf of my dishwasher not cleaning well glasses have residue on them
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Ge quiet power 3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Anyone there?
Hello????
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And sorry for the delay ,I have several customers at the same time ,Saturday!!

Ge quiet power 3
GLDL560N00SS

Thank you !

This residue was it on the glasses when you started the unit or is it being deposited on the glasses as the unit goes thru it`s cycle?

As it goes thru cycle

Thank you!

Have you ever removed the sump filter and cleaned it?

I have taken a part everything and cleaned all partsWhere is the sump filter ?
Top sprayer arms are not spinning
Very little water is on dishes on top shelf

ok Good info.

The sump filter is the stainless screen on the bottom of the inner tank.

And if you are getting very little water up to the upper spray arms .

When the unit fills with water then begins to circulate that water ,open the door and how much water do you have standing in the bottom sump of the dishwasher?

Is the sump full of water or do you just have some water in the sump?

I cleaned all that already once before I took off the screen and cleaned it all before because it wasn't draining

Please read my entire posts!!

Where is the sump?? Is the sump covered by the screen?
I
I am a female trying to fix this please help me
I know you are busy,looking for some guidance

Yes the sump is the very bottom (floor ) of the dishwasher!

The dishwasher has not ran since yesterday and there is some standing water in it

Can you start the dishwasher ,let it fill up and after it fills (approx 2 min) it will start to wash ,open the door slowly and tell me how much standing water is in the bottom of the unit please.

I have all the parts out
I need to put it back together

ok ,no problem!

Just turned it on

ok Great just let it fill up and then start,,and open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom.

The issue is either going to be the unit is not filling up with enough water ,which will be a water inlet valve issue.

OR the water is filling up correctly and the pump is just not pumping the correct volume of water up to the upper spray arms.

Ok
1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the dishwasher

Ok so is that stainless filter assembly covered in water?

And where are you seeing this 1/2 inch of water ? up near the door or is it in the lowest part of the floor area of the unit?

Lower part of dishwasher bottom

Ok Great info!!

Lets take two coffee cups NOT MUGS but cups and set them on the top rack with the opening upright one on the left the other on the right and in the center from front to back.

And close the door let the unit run for approx 30 seconds and open the door and let me know how much water is in those cups please.

1/2" of water in cups
Actually 1/4" to 1/2"

ok Now just empty the cups put them back in the same spot.

And take a pitcher or some thing and add about 1 gallon of water to the unit and do that same test over again .

Just close the door and start the unit and let it run for the 30 seconds ad open the door and see how much water you then have.

Same amount of water in cups
Now the cups are half full
They are about 3" talk

ok so it is not a pump issue it is an issue with the water inlet valve not allowing enough water into the unit during a fill mode.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

The water inlet valve is located under the dishwasher on the front left corner.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thank you

Oh no problem ,thank you for working with me.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 stars is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech