Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool refrigerator Model GD5NHAXSB00. The ice…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool refrigerator Model GD5NHAXSB00. The ice maker has stopped making ice. The red light on the right wall is blinking and the light on the left wall is out. Door to that light is open and will not close. What should I do to fix this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have no idea of age and no manual was left when I moved in. Condo unit was built in 2007 but don't know if this is original to the unit. The model # I gave you is all that is on the label on right wall of fridge.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its something I can fix, yes but am a single widow with limited skills in this area.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a serial # if that would help

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?