John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The glass on my GE Profile was stuck on with double stick

Customer Question

The glass on my GE Profile was stuck on with double stick tape. It fell off and I can't find anyone to fix it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a GE Profile and I'm guessing it is 5-6 years old. I don't have an issue with the stove itself but the oven door won't stay open without the glass. Who sticks a heavy piece of tempered glass on with double stick tape?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I know it isn't under warranty that isn't an issue. I have checked into the newer models and I see they have changed the design. I also have seen this same issue across the internet.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: To re-attach wouldn't be a problem. When I tried calling GE they wouldn't help me out. All I wanted was to know what tape to use or if they had a bracket or something to modify the door with.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of the unit you are having this issue with.