Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool model ed5ghg refrigerator. I want to shut…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a whirlpool model ed5ghg refrigerator. I want to shut off the water to it. What do I have to do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model ED5GHG

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can. Need to disconnect because water is freezing up in the ice maker channel and not making ice cubes at all.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just trying to stop flow of water to frig. Plan to buy new whirlpool ASAP

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Are you trying to fix the refrigerator or just want to get the water supply shut off? Do you want to continue to be able to use the water dispenser?

Just want to disconnect water to the refry
Refrigerator
Figured it out don't need your help
Thanks

The water supply is connected to your home.