Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Kitchenaide bottom mount fridge, model

Customer Question
KBLO36FMX01. The freezer door was...
We have a Kitchenaide bottom mount fridge, model KBLO36FMX01. The freezer door was left ajar for about a week while we were on vacation, and huge amount of frost built up. The frost is now cleaned up, but the ice maker inside the freezer compartment stopped working. I replaced the ice maker assembly, but it still doesn't work. (This model does not have the ice maker in the door).I don't think the ice maker is getting power. Also, suction is making both doors, but mostly the fridge door, hard to open. And finally, the fridge makes a gurgling sound shortly after you close the doors.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

please. Its not urgent, but I'd like to try to fix it.

ok so its not making ice. That leaves two different options. Its either your water inlet valve being the issue or the control board being the issue not telling the water to enter into the ice maker and make the ice.

Do you mean the water inlet valve that is outside the fridge, between the water source and the fridge? The one that I can turn off outside the fridge when there is a water leak? How do I tell if it is the control board? Some detail would be helpful here. Are there tests I can do?
The main clue I have is that this problem started when the freezer door was left partially open, and a huge amount of frost built up. So, it seems to me, the source of the problem is related to that event. Does that provide us with a clue as to where to look to solve the problem?

well the reason I suggest the water inlet valve is because while it was trying to make ice with the door ajar it could have clogged it up and or broke it. That is typically the issue we find with these parts because they are delicate. The control board can not be tested but the water inlet vale can be.

I'm not in a hurry, but we would like to fix it. Thank you.

I'm sorry?

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician