Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmoreice maker is cycling but not filling. Water

My Kenmore(###) ###-####ice maker...

My Kenmore(###) ###-####ice maker is cycling but not filling. Water dispenser in door works fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Last time we had this issue it was a faulty water valve, but the water dispenser in the door works fine

9/8/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The valve is a dual solenoid valve so it could still be bad again and not affect the water dispenser even though it's not sending water up to the icemaker. Either way, if you know the water dispenser is working and the icemaker is cycling, pull the refrigerator forward and follow the water line from the icemaker down to the valve below the refrigerator. Disconnect the water line going up to the icemaker and blow through the line to make sure it's clear. If it's clear, replace the valve. If it's not clear up to the icemaker, open the freezer door and use a hair dryer to heat up the fill tube behind the icemaker. There is ice in the fill tube you need to melt out and once you can blow through the water line, you know the fill tube is clear and you can re-assemble everything and stop heating the fill tube.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tube at top is clear from ice or any other obstruction so I guess it has to be the water valve. Thanks!
Well that didn't work. I bought a new part and its still not working. It wasn't the valve apparently. Now what?

Blow through the line a the valve up to the icemaker and make sure it's clear. If it's clear then either the icemaker is bad and needs to be replaced, or your freezer isn't below 10ºF which will stop the icemaker from cycling and filling.

The freezer is plenty cold. The line is completely clear. There is no ice or obstruction of any kind. The icemaker continues to cycle but will not fill.

Then your icemaker is just bad and not sending power down to the valve to send water up if you're valve is new and you're getting water out the dispenser.

You need to order and replace part number(###) ###-####

Which part do I replace now?

Thanks.